Office buildings can pack a lot of people into confined spaces, which can result in dirt, dust and other debris rapidly building up. The more dust and dirt, the more likely it is to get into your ventilation system and blow back into the space through the ductwork, reducing the air quality in your office. Bad air quality can lead to headaches and respiratory problems like asthma and allergies.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to maintain good air quality in your office for the health and happiness of your employees. Here’s a quick overview of some of the steps you can take in your workplace to keep your office air clean in Fort Wayne, IN:
- Regularly replace air filters: If you have filters in your HVAC that get clogged up, it becomes harder for you to get proper airflow in your office. The debris from those filters will keep building up and get into your ductwork, which means it will slowly affect your employees’ health more and more. You should aim to replace your filters at least twice a year to prevent that from becoming an issue.
- Keep vents open: Always keep air vents open, and avoid blocking them with furniture, equipment or boxes. It’s important to maintain good circulation to prevent air quality issues.
- Bring in plants: Living plants produce more oxygen and absorb toxins in the air, which can improve the air quality in your office space. They also help to develop a more peaceful, relaxing environment for your workers.
- Open up the windows: Whenever the weather allows, open up the windows in your office to bring in some fresh air. Office air tends to get pretty stale, even when you have decent ventilation, so keeping windows and doors open can help you bring in some air from the outdoors.
- Regularly clean your office: Dirty office spaces are more likely to have problems with air quality. You should regularly dust, sanitize, vacuum, clean up clutter and take out the garbage to make sure you prevent issues with unwanted odors or debris. You should also make sure to clean up any spills as soon as they happen and to watch for signs of water damage. These spills can be breeding grounds for mold, and mold spores have a significant negative effect on air quality.
- Keep humidity in check: You should ideally keep humidity levels between 30 and 50 percent to prevent mold, dust mites and other allergens from causing significant issues with air quality. You can do this by running air conditioners and dehumidifiers at your office.
- Clean your air ducts: Bring in a team of professional duct cleaners and have them inspect and clean your air ducts. This will remove any debris that might otherwise be shot into the air when your HVAC runs.
For more information about how to keep your office air clean in Fort Wayne, IN, we encourage you to contact Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. today. We look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: Office Cleaning
This post was written by Writer