Things You Should Sanitize WeeklyApril 13, 2020 1:49 pm Leave your thoughts
Sanitizing surfaces in your home or workplace is the best way to cut down on bacteria and germs and protect yourself from common illnesses like the cold and flu. However, a lot of people don’t know how to properly sanitize surfaces around the house or which things at home to sanitize in Fort Wayne, IN. The good news is that effective cleaning doesn’t have to be complicated. With some simple sanitizing tips and tricks, it’s easy to keep your home healthy and curb the spread of germs and bacteria.
What should be sanitized often in Fort Wayne, IN?
Germs aren’t visible to the naked eye, so it can be easy to forget they exist on common surfaces and everyday objects. Some of the items we assume are clean and safe to use actually harbor large numbers of germs and bacteria that carry all kinds of illnesses from person to person. With this in mind, there are a few common things at home to sanitize in Fort Wayne, IN:
- Keyboards: Laptop and computer keyboards are often a lot dirtier than people realize. Not only do keyboards attract germs from hands, but they also catch airborne germs from coughing and sneezing. The bumpy surface of a keyboard gives germs and bacteria an ideal environment to spread to other people and surfaces. Wipe down your keyboard thoroughly at least once a week using a sanitizing wipe to kill any germs and bacteria that may be present.
- Kitchen countertops and faucets: Cleanliness is essential when it comes to food preparation, but a lot of kitchens are filled with germs and bacteria from food preparation, garbage and exposure from people who are sick. When you clean your kitchen, make sure to take the time to disinfect your countertops and faucets, since these are the areas that are most likely to accumulate germs and bacteria.
- Cell phones: Cell phones are notoriously covered with germs. With constant touching, exposure to airborne bacteria and contact with other surfaces and environments, it’s no wonder that cell phones commonly wind up being covered with germs. Use a cleansing spray and a microfiber cloth to clean your phone and wipe away germs and bacteria.
- Remotes: Just like cell phones and keyboards, remote controls for TVs and media players collect a lot of germs and bacteria. To clean your remotes, remove the batteries and wipe the entire controller with a disinfectant wipe, or use a disinfectant spray with a microfiber cloth.
- Doorknobs: Doorknobs are exposed to germs all day long, and these germs can quickly pass to other people. Wipe down all the doorknobs in your home with disinfecting wipes on a regular basis to reduce the spread of germs.
Sanitizing and cleaning services
If you’re looking for professional sanitizing and cleaning services, reach out to Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. Our family owned and operated cleaning company has been providing cleaning services to home and business owners throughout the area since 1992. We are committed to providing quality cleaning services to help our customers keep their homes and businesses as clean and healthy as possible. For more information about what should be sanitized often in Fort Wayne, IN, or to schedule cleaning service, give us a call today!
Categorised in: House Cleaning
This post was written by Writer