Carpet is an excellent flooring solution for practically any room in your home. It’s comfortable underfoot, it comes in all sorts of colors and it’s incredibly cost-effective compared to other flooring materials. It does have one downfall, however: it tends to get stained very quickly with spills and ground-in dirt.
Even if you ask folks to remove their shoes before entering the house, dirt still seems to get deep down into the fibers. The good news is that we’re here to help! Continue reading to learn a few tips for getting dirt out of carpet in Fort Wayne, IN:
- Vacuum: Your first step is to vacuum the soiled area to try to lift any dirt particles. This step may not be very effective depending on how bad the stain is, but it can’t hurt to try. Here’s a free pro tip: vacuum regularly to help ensure that dirt never gets ground deep into the carpeting in the first place!
- Buy or make your own carpet cleaner: Once you’ve vacuumed, head out to the store and get a commercial carpet cleaner or spot remover. If you want to save a few bucks, you can also make this solution yourself by mixing ¼ teaspoon of clear dish soap with one cup of water. Homemade cleaners can work just as well as the stuff you get at the store, and they’re a whole lot cheaper!
- Test the solution: Before you start working on the stain, you’ll want to rub a little bit of your cleaner into a small corner of your carpet. The professionals do this as a test to make sure that the solution doesn’t affect the carpet’s color.
- Work the solution into the carpet: Now it’s time to get to work! Put a small amount of your cleaner on a white cloth and work the solution into the stain. Let the solution work its magic for a few minutes, then blot it dry with another clean, white cloth. Repeat this process until the stain stops transferring from the carpet to the cloth.
- Rinse and dry: Now that your carpet is hopefully stain-free, rinse it with lukewarm water and blot it dry with a clean cloth. After you’ve blotted as much as you can, place a few clean towels on the damp area and put a heavy object, like a book, on top. Leave the towels and heavy objects on the stain overnight.
- Vacuum again: The next day, run the vacuum once more to lift any residual cleaning solution. This is an important step, as any leftover cleaner could actually attract more dirt.
- Call a pro: Did the steps above not quite do the trick? Then it’s time to bring in the professionals! The pros use powerful cleaners that are sure to work on your stain.
If it comes down to it and you do need to call a pro, be sure to choose our team at Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. Regardless of the type of carpeting you have or the size of the stain, our methods are great when you need to clean dirt out of carpet in Fort Wayne, IN!
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer