Tips for Cleaning Stains Out of ConcreteMay 28, 2019 9:16 pm Leave your thoughts
Concrete is commonly used as a flooring material for areas of your home or business that are prone to spills from a variety of liquids. Patios, garages or driveways are often made out of concrete. They’re also often exposed to weather, grease, oils and other staining agents like paint.
If you have a concrete floor, patio or driveway that has unsightly stains, don’t fret! There are different methods and products you can use to help reduce or eliminate these stains. If you find that these stain cleaning tips still don’t do the job, consider investing in professional floor cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN to completely remove stubborn stains.
Common Types of Concrete Stains
The places that have concrete floors are usually exposed to messy activities and outdoor weather elements. Here are some of the most common types of concrete stains and how they might end up on your concrete flooring:
- Oil and grease: Garages are especially likely to see oil or grease stains. Whether you accidentally drip oil when changing your oil filter or your car has a leak, it’s not uncommon to find oil stains around vehicles.
- Paint stains: Spray paint is a common culprit for paint stains on concrete. Do-it-yourself projects or the kids’ latest school project on the patio or in the garage can lead to paint getting on the concrete.
- Water stains and mildew: As you water your plants, some of the moisture will seep underneath the pot and leave a water ring. Likewise, areas of a patio that see a lot of rain or moisture but little sun may start to grow mossy patches.
How to Remove Each Type of Stain
Identifying the type of stain you have on your concrete is, unfortunately, the easy part. Depending on the type of stain, removing it may be a chore. If you find that you are having issues removing stains from concrete, consider getting professional floor cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN. A professional cleaner will have the knowledge, tools and products needed to remove the toughest stains from your concrete:
- Oil and grease: Instead of trying to rub oil and grease stains out of concrete, you want to try to lift the material out. You can achieve this by using a floor cleaner mixed with an absorbing agent, such as crushed kitty litter, to create a paste, and applying the paste onto the stain.
- Paint stains: Similar to stripping paint from wood, you can remove paint stains from concrete using a paint stripper bought at your local hardware store. You can also mix an absorbent material into the wood stripper to help catch the paint as it’s drawn up from the concrete.
- Water stains and mildew: For most water stains from potted plants, you can use dish soap and water to scrub out the stain. For heavier stains, you can use a dry detergent scrubbed into the concrete. Let the detergent sit for 10 to 30 minutes to give it time to work before scrubbing clean.
Make Cleaning Concrete Stains Easy with Floor Cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN
If you find yourself constantly battling stained concrete, consider floor cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN. Give Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. a call today to get started keeping your concrete clean for good.
Categorised in: Floor Cleaning
This post was written by Writer