With the changing seasons comes the opportunity to change things up around your home and give it a fresh feel. You don’t have to get crazy and totally redecorate your home for the warmer months, but it’s fun to switch things up a bit. A little bit of change helps put everyone in a good mood throughout the summer. Here are a couple of things we recommend doing around your house to prep for the upcoming season:
- Do a deep clean: It’s not too late to turn things around if you missed out on your annual spring cleaning! Break out the cleaning supplies and get to work thoroughly sweeping your floors, clearing out your old junk, scrubbing counters and getting rid of dust bunnies. All of that cleaning can be tiresome—that’s why it’s not a bad idea to bring in the pros to do it for you. When you get tired of running your vacuum all day, give Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. a call for carpet cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN. We guarantee you’ll be happy with the results!
- Buy some flowers: Make sure your whole house smells as fresh as your clean carpets by purchasing some flowers. Flowers don’t just smell wonderful—they look great, too. The right bouquet will give your home that summer vibe you’ve been looking for.
- Take down drapes: Drapes are perfect for keeping heat inside your home during the winter and blocking cold air from seeping in. Unfortunately, they also block out a ton of natural sunlight! Take your drapes down and let all of that gorgeous summer sunshine flood your living space. If you still need some protection from the sun, consider buying some blinds to replace your thick drapes.
- Stow your rugs: Rugs and other floor coverings can do wonders to beautify a room while giving it a warm and cozy feel. Now that the temperatures are consistently in the 80s and even the 90s, you probably don’t need your rooms feeling any warmer than they already are! Consider stowing your rugs for the time being, or buying new, lighter rugs for the summer.
- Put heavy blankets and comforters away: Going along with the point above, it’s time to put all of your big, bulky blankets and comforters away. You don’t need to bundle up on the couch with a heavy blanket to stay warm anymore, and you certainly don’t need to sleep with a thick down comforter. Lightweight blankets in the bedroom and living room will do just fine to keep you nice and comfortable.
- Get fun dishes: Do you enjoy hosting summer barbecues? If so, make sure you’re serving the food on fun, summer-themed plates! Bright, floral patterns on plates help set the mood and can elevate your cookout to the next level.
If your home has any carpeting at all, be sure to hire Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. for carpet cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN. Our services are affordable, and we leave your home looking better than it ever has before. Pick up the phone and call today to get a free quote!
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer