Who likes spending an arm and a leg on their energy bill each month? Nobody, that’s who! You’ve got much better things you can do with your cash, especially during the summer when you can go on a road trip or vacation with your family. The good news is that there are a couple of easy things you can do around the house to potentially save hundreds of dollars on your energy bills throughout the summer. Continue reading to find out how you can keep more money in your pocket with tips from a cleaning service in Fort Wayne, IN:
- Install a programmable thermostat: There’s no reason to run your AC on a high setting if you aren’t going to be around to enjoy it. That’s just a waste of money! Consider upgrading your thermostat to a model that lets you program when you run your system based on when you’ll be home.
- Replace your HVAC filters: Your HVAC system has air filters that prevent dust and debris from blocking air vents. As you can imagine, these filters can clog up with dust fairly quickly—especially if you have pets! Clogged air filters make your system work harder than it has to, effectively running up your energy bill. Replace these filters every month and immediately see the savings!
- Use ceiling fans: Your air conditioner is great, but it can be an energy hog. Instead of blasting the AC all day, consider flipping on your ceiling fans to circulate some cool air. You’ll be surprised at how effective it can be!
- Upgrade your windows: New, energy-efficient windows block cool air from slipping out and hot air from coming in, immediately reducing your monthly energy costs. The best part? They work just as well in the winter! Your home will stay comfortable 365 days a year if you simply replace your old windows with new ones.
- Cook outside: It should come as no surprise that cooking a full meal can really raise the temperature, not just in your kitchen, but throughout your whole house. Instead of cooking indoors, consider grilling outside on your deck or patio. Doing so keeps your home cooler, and everyone loves a barbecue!
- Reduce sunlight: It’s nice to let natural light flood into your home, but, all of that sunshine can really raise the temperature, which makes your AC have to work harder to cool your home, leading to a higher energy bill. Hang some shades from your windows to control how much sunlight you let in every day.
- Add insulation: Insulation isn’t just meant for keeping your home comfortable in the winter months—it also keeps your cool air in during the summer and blocks hot air from coming inside. Go to your local home improvement store and pick up some insulation batts for your attic, garage and crawlspace. You’ll be amazed at how much a little insulation can help.
Whether you use all of your savings to take your family on a vacation, or to hire a cleaning service in Fort Wayne, IN, you’ll be glad you have some extra cash on hand. Get in touch with Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. to learn more about how a cleaning service can help you this summer.
Categorised in: Professional Cleaning Service
This post was written by Writer