Cleaning your home isn’t typically a complicated process—that is, unless you are torn between which types of cleaning products to use. Store shelves are stocked with all sorts of cleaners, ranging from standard chemical products to natural, eco-friendly green products, all promising excellent results. It’s no wonder that everyone is conflicted about what cleaners to buy!
Some things and areas that you clean regularly include clothes, linens, bath towels, pet bedding, bathrooms, kitchen and bathroom surfaces and kitchen appliances. Are the cleaning products you’re currently using as safe and effective as you want them to be? Since eco-friendly products are becoming more and more popular among homeowners and cleaning businesses alike, let’s take a closer look at them.
Here are some of the pros and cons of using green products for residential cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN:
- Pro: Safer: Most standard household cleaning products are filled with toxic ingredients like ammonia, methyl chloride and nonoxynol, and using them inappropriately can lead to side effects. On the other hand, green products contain natural ingredients like citric acid, lactic acid and enzymes. And, homemade products are made with environmentally friendly ingredients like baking soda, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Pro: Biodegradable: Green cleaners are generally safe to use around children and pets, and are also biodegradable, unlike standard products. Green means they are less harmful to the ecosystem, because they leave behind little trace in the soil and water. Chemical cleaners, meanwhile, end up in the sewer, contaminating the groundwater.
- Pro: Irritation-free: Green cleaning ingredients do not cause the kind of irritation to your skin, respiratory system or senses that chemical cleaners do. Additionally, natural products tend to include aromatic and germ-fighting essential oils. Allergies tend to get triggered when you’re cleaning; however, these oils can reduce allergy symptoms and ease respiratory conditions.
- Con: Cost: Although eco-friendly cleaning products are desired for their increased safety and biodegradability, many find the price tag for these products a bit hefty. The high cost of “green” is the main reason why people choose to continue using standard chemical products. If you want to use green products, but can’t afford them, try making your own at home.
- Con: Effectiveness: While eco-friendly cleaning products typically smell more pleasant and are made with natural ingredients, they can sometimes not be as effective at cleaning as chemical cleaners. For example, a mix of baking soda, vinegar and hot tap water does not work as well at clearing a clogged drain as a chemical cleaner, even if it works well enough and is safer for your pipes. To really benefit from natural cleaners, be sure practice routine preventative cleaning.
If home cleaning tasks have piled up and gotten out of hand, there’s good news—the professional cleaners at Pro Clean Building Services, Inc. are ready to come to your rescue! We offer a wide range of full cleaning services for your home, including spring cleaning, cleaning after home renovation, flooring cleaning and HVAC and duct cleaning. Call to make an appointment for residential cleaning in Fort Wayne, IN today!
Categorised in: Residential Cleaning in Fort Wayne IN
This post was written by Writer